Trainee Test Analyst
The Trainee Test Analyst aims to learn existing and new tools that support the testing aspect of the Software development life cycle. They should learn the basics of software testing and focus on fault finding, verifying bug fixes, and regression testing. Some of the daily activities of a Trainee Test Analyst would be:
- Undergo training in software testing.
- Participates in requirements and helps in testing.
- Interprets and executes test cases and reports bugs and results using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Constructs or modifies re-usable test scripts, using appropriate testing tools and techniques (with expected results) to test new and amended software to be executed by self and other staff.
- Defines data required to execute test scripts.
- Create or update tests for retesting corrected defects or changed requirements.
- Ensure follow-up with senior Test team members and promptly escalate any issues.
- Demonstrates practical oral and written communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools.
- Participate in team activities.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Fast learner and analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant industry field is preferred.
- 0-1 year of working experience in software testing.
The Application Process
At Unipro, we want all candidates to feel welcomed, confident, and ready to showcase their potential and capabilities.
We know pursuing a new career opportunity can be daunting. We strive for our process to be empathetic and considerate of both the candidates we meet along the way and the team members we introduce to you. Interviewing can be stressful and often filled with self-doubt or the imposter syndrome, and we get that. We’ve outlined our process in hopes that it will help dissipate any of those sentiments.
By the end of the interviewing experience at Unipro, we aim to provide every candidate with a realistic preview of their work-life in the company. Whether through the conversations with technical team members or with leadership, we want you to walk away feeling seen, heard, and given every opportunity to succeed.
Here’s what you can expect
- Introductory phone call with a member of the talent acquisition team. Typically, 20 minutes or so, this is an opportunity for you to get to know Unipro, and there will be plenty of time to ask any questions.
- This will be followed by a video chat with the Test Manager and Business Manager to discuss the more in-depth aspects of the role and how it fits into the organisation (30 minutes)
Once a candidate has completed each stage of the interview process, the team gathers to discuss each step carefully. Once there is an agreement, an offer will then be made. We will do our best to provide as much verbal feedback as possible.
Our goal is to have candidates complete the interview process within one week. However, we can accelerate or decelerate based on a candidate's preference and availability.
We pride ourselves on our ability to listen to the needs and wants of our clients and to tailor a bespoke solution to whatever challenges they’re faced with. Our strength comes from a wealth of in-house knowledge and expertise and a drive to challenge the status quo.
Reading this specification marks the start of a fantastic opportunity for you to join our company - a company that truly cares for its employees and nurtures talent and potential to further secure our position as a major player in the digital transformation workspace.
If you would like to know more about any of our vacancies, please get in touch with our recruitment team at email@example.com.