Senior/Lead Developer (OutSystems)
The OutSystems Developers at Unipro bring commercial experience from the full range of OutSystems competencies to our multi-disciplined team environment. Their passion and knowledge toward web and mobile application builds and complex integrations and DevOps are invaluable to our organisation. They have an eye for detail and a drive to collaborate with our internal teams to ensure great, timely and on-spec projects are delivered to our clients worldwide.
- Leading project teams in designing, building, and testing complex web and mobile applications using OutSystems, while also creating detailed design specifications and verifying my work against these specifications.
- Contributing to the selection of development methods, tools, and techniques, and applying agreed-upon standards to produce well-engineered software outcomes.
- Participating in reviews of my own software and designs, and leading reviews of my colleagues' work to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and project managers to define and prioritize requirements for complex projects, providing technical insights during these discussions.
- Utilizing appropriate modelling techniques to create multiple design views that balance stakeholder concerns and meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Working with technical teams to develop system integration plans, then performing and reporting on tests for the integration builds, ensuring that test environments are configured properly.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to existing processes and tools used in the software development lifecycle.
- Contributing to the development of solution architectures, identifying and evaluating trade-offs in cost, performance, and scalability, and ensuring that solutions align with architectural standards, including security considerations.
- Investigating enterprise data requirements, data modelling and design activities, and providing advice and guidance on using the data structures and associated components.
- Providing effective guidance to other developers on the team
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years of experience in a commercial web development role, incorporating traditional development and at least 3 years developing with OutSystems.
- Commercial experience working in a senior / team lead role, designing and delivering full technical solutions.
- OutSystems 11 Certification(s), preferably Tech Lead or Professional level
- An excellent grasp of agile software development principles and practices
- Your ability to engineer solutions that optimise for learning and management of complexity
- Developing distributed systems
- Mobile application development
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working in an agency environment
- Cloud platform solution development, preferably with Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud platform certifications
- Continuous Delivery, building deployment pipelines
- C# programming
- Domain Storytelling, Event Storming, C4 Modelling
- Designing and implementing data migration solutions
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning development
- Open source / Forge contributions, community engagement
The Application Process
At Unipro, we want all candidates to feel welcomed, confident, and ready to showcase their potential and capabilities.
We know pursuing a new career opportunity can be daunting. We strive for our process to be empathetic and considerate of both the candidates we meet along the way and the team members we introduce to you. Interviewing can be stressful and often filled with self-doubt or the imposter syndrome, and we get that. We’ve outlined our process in hopes that it will help dissipate any of those sentiments.
By the end of the interviewing experience at Unipro, we aim to provide every candidate with a realistic preview of their work-life in the company. Whether through the conversations with technical team members or with leadership, we want you to walk away feeling seen, heard, and given every opportunity to succeed.
Here’s what you can expect
- Introductory phone call with a member of the talent acquisition team. Typically, 20 minutes or so, this is an opportunity for you to get to know Unipro, and there will be plenty of time to ask any questions.
- This will be followed by a video chat with our Head of Technical Development to discuss the more in-depth aspects of the role and how it fits into the organisation (60 minutes)
Once a candidate has successfully completed each stage of the interview process, the team gathers to discuss each stage carefully. Once there is an agreement, an offer will then be made. We will do our best to provide as much verbal feedback as possible.
Our goal is to have candidates complete the interview process within one week. However, we can accelerate or decelerate as needed based on a candidate’s preference and availability.
We pride ourselves on our ability to listen to the needs and wants of our clients and to tailor a bespoke solution to whatever challenges they’re faced with. Our strength comes from a wealth of in-house knowledge and expertise and a drive to challenge the status quo.
Reading this specification marks the start of a fantastic opportunity for you to join our company - a company that truly cares for its employees and nurtures talent and potential to further secure our position as a major player in the digital transformation workspace.
If you would like to know more about any of our vacancies, please get in touch with our recruitment team at email@example.com