Senior Test Automation Engineer
Job Description: Senior Test Automation Engineer
Unipro was founded in 1997 and has continued to build on a solid reputation of designing, implementing, and managing inspired technology solutions for enterprise organisations.
We are specialists in web development, focused on accelerating digital performance through design, development, and optimisation of mission critical digital enterprise applications. We understand that some days can be tough, and we know we would be nothing without our team, so we put our employees at the forefront of our business.
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to work within our growing business, delivering high-quality solutions to our global eCommerce clients.
As a Senior QA Test Engineer, you'll remain hands-on, creating, maintaining and supporting an automation test framework to establish a test environment for current and upcoming projects; rigorously perform test execution, record the results accurately and log defects as well as prepare test plans, test conditions/scripts and summary reports. You'll be working with Azure-based systems.
In liaison with colleagues performs the majority of the following tasks:
- Work closely with developers, business analysts and other delivery team members to ensure the quality of the overall platform solution
- Deeply understand product architecture, related data principles and interfaces with downstream systems; participate in design & architecture activities ensuring testability and ability to address both technical and business requirements
- Collaborate with other Test Engineers in helping define, evolve and promote test strategy
- Design and execute tests against user stories covering all aspects of functional and non-functional test requirements
- Perform data validations using SQL statements
- Create scalable test solutions through the identification, implementation and maintenance of test automation frameworks suitable for UI, API and Data layers
- Plan and execute suitable regression testing activities related to the change/release scope
- Provide testing estimates and meet project testing timelines
- Collaborate with the delivery team and/or business partners in troubleshooting the root cause of software issues
- Report bugs/errors discovered per standardised tools and processes
- Promptly communicate discovered risk to delivery team and Quality Assurance manager
- Look for opportunities to improve test execution and delivery
- Mentor less experienced members of the team
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Expertise with automation testing using Selenium with the ability to build systems from scratch
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or something similar
- Good knowledge of CI/CD; Saas platform testing; Azure DevOps; API testing
- Non-functional testing experience in a Cloud-based environment
- Collaborative, keen to learn and share knowledge
- Experience with ETL testing
- Expert knowledge of SQL, database validation and querying tools
- Proven experience in automating UI and APIs
- Ability to devise innovative technical solutions
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work as a team
- Ability to work closely and effectively with developers in an agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Your Senior Test Automation Engineer Benefits
In return for your continued dedicated commitment, Unipro are offering the following package:
- Corporate Medical Insurance Plan
- Transport Allowance package.
- Continuous Training & Development
- Remote Working
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly close knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- High desire to understand how things work with a demonstrated ability to learn things quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment
To not miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join Unipro as our next Senior Automation Test Engineer, please send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss the next steps and answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you.