Job Description: Project Manager
Our Project Managers have the day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running of a range of digital projects, across a wide range of clients here at Unipro. They have experience in managing project teams and clients to deliver small and medium-sized projects, including digital applications and website development. They succeed by being in control while allowing space for ideas to thrive so that we deliver projects that truly wow the clients and end users alike.
As a Project Manager at Unipro, your typical day may include:
- Effective project set-up and initiation.
- Facilitating scoping and planning sessions.
- Budget control and project tracking.
- Reporting in conjunction with the Account Manager and project resourcing.
- Risk and issue management.
- Being the main point of project-level communication with internal teams and external partners.
- Quality assurance and ultimately, managing all factors that govern project success.
This job might be for you, if:
- You like helping people. You recognise the value in helping colleagues reach their “that’s it!” moment.
- You are patient, cool under pressure and transparent with your team.
- You enjoy solving problems. You see the detail that others may not. You don’t get flustered easily and you keep looking for the answers, regardless of how deep you must dig. You stay focused and nothing slips through your net.
- You can adapt to changing situations by thinking on your feet. You can learn at pace to ensure you’re always ahead of the curve and can rise to new challenges.
- You communicate clearly, and you can explain just about anything to anyone in a physical space or from your screen.
- You’re dedicated, motivated and driven. You take ownership of Unipro time and you keep going to achieve the very best results.
To get this job, the required attributes, skills and experience to demonstrate are:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Solutions orientated, focusing on delivering customer benefit
- Problem solver - analytical, logical, and creative in equal measure
- Flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
- Reliable team player who promotes collaboration
- Keen interest in digital technology and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
- Has a diplomatic approach to all situations
- An excellent communicator with strong team management skills. Distils complex ideas into concise written and verbal descriptions
- Positive and calm under pressure
- Can quickly separate the important tasks from the trivial with the ability to identify the most useful next steps
- Excels under pressure and can take on multiple challenges simultaneously
- Highly adept within at least one mainstream project management methodology applicable to software development
- Website development experience incorporating knowledge of usability best practices
Desirable skills that could really help:
- At least 2-3 years experience delivering digital projects, ideally in an agency environment
- Familiarity with delivering projects in highly regulated environments such as pharma or fintech
- Ecommerce and Conversion Rate Optimisation experience (CRO)
- Scrum master certification
- Familiarity with web content management systems (CMS), such as Drupal, WordPress, or other CMSs
- Exposure to one or more web analytics platforms
What is the application process?
At Unipro, we want all candidates to feel welcomed, confident, and ready to showcase their potential and capabilities.
We know pursuing a new career opportunity can be daunting. We strive for our process to be empathetic and considerate of both the candidates we meet along the way and the team members we introduce to you. Interviewing can be stressful and often filled with self-doubt or imposter syndrome, and we get that. We’ve outlined our process in hopes that it will help dissipate any of those sentiments.
By the end of the interviewing experience at Unipro, we aim to provide every candidate with a realistic preview of their work-life in the company. Whether through the conversations with technical team members or with leadership, we want you to walk away feeling seen, heard, and given every opportunity to succeed.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Introductory phone call with a member of the talent acquisition team. Typically, 20 minutes or so, this is an opportunity for you to get to know Unipro, and there will be plenty of time to ask any questions
- This will be followed by a video interview with our Head of Project Management to discuss you, the more in-depth aspects of the role and how it fits into the organisation (60 minutes)
- Lastly, there will be a second video interview with the client's Account manager and a Unipro Project Manager (60 minutes).
Once a candidate has successfully completed each stage of the interview process, the team gathers to discuss each stage carefully. Once there is an agreement, an offer will then be made. We will do our best to provide as much verbal feedback as possible.
Our goal is to have candidates complete the interview process within one week. However, we can accelerate or decelerate as needed based on a candidate’s preference and availability.
We pride ourselves on our ability to listen to the needs and wants of our clients and to tailor a bespoke solution to whatever challenges they’re faced with. Our strength comes from a wealth of in-house knowledge and expertise and a drive to challenge the status quo.
Reading this specification marks the start of a fantastic opportunity for you to join our company - a company that truly cares for its employees and that nurtures talent and potential to further secure our position as a major player in the digital transformation workspace.