Job Description: PHP Developer
Unipro was founded in 1997 and has continued to build on a solid reputation for designing, implementing, and managing inspired technology solutions for enterprise organisations.
We are specialists in web development, focused on accelerating digital transformation, performance through design, development, and optimisation of mission-critical digital enterprise applications. We understand that some days can be tough, and we know we would be nothing without our team, so we put our employees at the forefront of our business.
Our Ideal PHP Developer
We are looking for a talented PHP developer to work within our growing business, delivering high-quality solutions to our global eCommerce clients.
The ideal candidate will have strong agile programming principles including TDD and be skilled in object-oriented design and development.
The candidate will have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues and be experienced in working in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Collaborate with the creative, client, and other development teams to deliver great digital projects, on time and to specification
- Daily communication of technical matters among internal the team as well as client contacts
- Analyse requirements, wireframes, and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions
- Participate in Scrum team activities and ceremonies
- Build, maintain and support web applications using custom PHP code, popular libraries and frameworks
- Use component libraries, to create fully responsive, functioning, live websites
- Integrate code with content management systems
- Connect to third-party platforms using various APIs
- Implement cross-browser web development best practices
- Write beautiful and well-documented code
- Apply web accessibility standards
- Support other members of the team
- Drive to collaborate with others and maintain a growth mindset
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years commercial web development experience with PHP, with at least 2 years developing eCommerce projects within a team
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- A deep understanding and routinely high standards with:
- Object-Oriented Design and Development
- A good working understanding of:
- HTML5, CSS3 and responsive web design
- W3C Web Standards
- Unix / Linux
- Unit Testing
- Pair Programming / Collaborative Development
- Git / GitHub
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Serverless / Edge Computing (e.g. AWS Lambda, Cloudflare Workers)
- A Web Component framework, ideally Stencil.js / Ionic - otherwise, Svelte, Vue, Lit, or React experience would be acceptable
- PHP Frameworks, e.g. Laravel, Symfony, WordPress, Drupal
- Accessibility Standards
- Agency / Client Environment
- Design Systems
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly close-knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated web developer who is seeking a fresh challenge and who wants to be part of our growth and success.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must as you will be attending client meetings and be working in a team environment.
We would expect you to have a real passion and knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
You will understand architectural concepts, how to build sophisticated systems comprising best-of-breed technologies, and have an entrepreneurial attitude to excite your colleagues and our clients with your ideas.
Your PHP Developer Benefits
In return for your continued dedicated commitment, Unipro is offering the following package:
- Highly competitive market leading salary
- Continuous Training & Development
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus your birthday off
- Private Healthcare
- Remote Working
To not miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join Unipro as our next PHP Developer, please send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss the next steps and answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you.