Automated Test Engineer
Job Description: Automated Test Engineer
Unipro was founded in 1997 and has continued to build on a solid reputation of designing, implementing, and managing inspired technology solutions for enterprise organisations.
We are specialists in web development, focused on accelerating digital performance through design, development, and optimisation of mission critical digital enterprise applications. We understand that some days can be tough, and we know we would be nothing without our team, so we put our employees at the forefront of our business.
Our Ideal Automated Test Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Automated Test Engineer with industry experience of a minimum of 5 years. Responsibilities will include:
- Execution of Manual testing (Functional and Regression) of websites
- Documentation of test automation strategy / plan
- Writing good quality test specifications in the Test Management tools
- Defect tracking and defect closure
- Work with the team to design high quality, re-usable test assets using the latest testing technologies, e.g. PHPUnit, Pytest/Python, Selenium, Postman, Behat
- Performance and stress testing
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Deliver tested software to agreed time and quality targets
- Managing all aspects of testing within a project
- Participating in requirements and use case testing, as well as definition of acceptance criteria and scope of testing
- Interpreting and executing test cases, and reporting bugs and results using the appropriate tools and techniques
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
- Ideally Industry experience of minimum 5 years
- Understanding and experience of testing Web applications with databases.
- Working knowledge of an embedded Linux Operating System
- Experience with common test automation design patterns, practices, tools, and frameworks e.g. TDD, BDD, Gherkin/Cucumber, Selenium, Pytest etc.
- Experience of scripting, design, plans and analysis
- Understanding of Github workflows
- Cross-browser integration (browserstack)
- Sound understanding of different types of tests, their value, and where they fit into the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of continuous integration tools such as Travis, Jenkins, bamboo
- Experience testing non-functional requirements, including performance, scale and availability
- Work on projects with or without a team of other software test engineers
- Must be able to code, no record & playback
Desirable Experience / Qualifications:
- ISTQB Foundation/Agile extensions
- Experience in an Agile environment
- RESTful API testing (manual and automated)
Your Automated Test Engineer Benefits
In return for your continued dedicated commitment, Unipro are offering the following package:
- Highly competitive market leading salary
- Continuous Training & Development
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus your birthday off
- Private Healthcare
- Remote Working
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly close knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated Test Engineer who is seeking a fresh challenge and who wants to be part of our growth and success.
We would expect you to have a real passion and knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
You will have an eye for superb user experiences and an entrepreneurial attitude to excite your colleagues and our clients with your ideas.
To not miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join Unipro as our next Automated Test Engineer, please send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss the next steps and answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you.